Carrus Specialty Hospital for Complex Illnesses
We understand just how challenging it can be to recover after a serious illness or injury. In fact, it’s why we created Carrus Specialty Hospital: to provide specialized inpatient care for an extended period of time for those patients who need it.
Our 33-bed long-term acute care facility is specially designed to meet the complex healthcare needs of critically ill patients. We offer around-the-clock nursing and respiratory care, as well as daily physician visits. We are committed to restoring our patients’ health and independence, so they can ultimately transition back to their homes and loved ones, or to a less-intensive care arrangement. Until then, we’ll be here for you for as long as you need.
Carrus Specialty Hospital is located on the beautiful Carrus Health medical campus in Sherman, Texas. Features include spacious private rooms, an on-site lab and pharmacy, and four beautiful courtyards for the enjoyment of our patients and their visitors.
We care for adults, age 18 and up, who require highly specialized care, including ventilator dependency; stage III and IV wound care; and low-tolerance rehabilitation due to amputations, head injuries, and trauma. Carrus Specialty Hospital patients also include those with complex medical needs due to cancer, gastrointestinal diseases, infectious diseases, malnutrition, MRSA, neurological diseases, post-operative complications, and sepsis.
Our highly trained, patient-centered medical team includes physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, registered dietitians, and physician assistants. At Carrus, our patients receive care that is tailored to their individual needs.
Long-term acute care facilities like Carrus Specialty Hospital serve patients who require comprehensive medical and nursing care for an extended period of time. Most come to Carrus from traditional hospitals by physician referral.
We provide care for seriously ill patients who typically have multiple health problems. The treatment programs we develop for each patient are designed to restore their health and quality of life. The doctors and medical staff at Carrus deliver compassionate medical attention that considers the whole person – body, mind, and spirit.
Many patients at Carrus Specialty Hospital have medically complex conditions caused by diseases or injuries that may be exacerbated by additional medical problems. Conditions we treat include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Diabetes-Related Conditions
- Heart Attack
- Surgical Recuperation
- Trauma Injuries
- Vascular Disease
- Ventilator Dependency
At Carrus Specialty Hospital, we offer an array of critical care services. No matter what type of care your loved one needs, everything we do at Carrus is designed to optimize patient healing and recovery while creating a warm and nurturing experience for patients and their families.
Our long-term acute care (LTAC) services include:
- Cardiac Care and Recovery
- Intensive Critical Care
- Intravenous (IV) Therapy, Antibiotics
- Pulmonary Management/Ventilator Weaning
- Renal Insufficiency/Renal Failure
- Wound Care
Carrus Specialty Hospital features large, private intensive care rooms and medical rooms for critically ill patients. We also have special procedure rooms, radiology services, a full-service lab, pharmacy, and in-house dialysis, as well as four beautifully decorated courtyards for our patients’ enjoyment.
We have 13 intensive care rooms that feature the following:
- Large private rooms – all visible from the nursing station
- Private bathrooms
- State-of-the-art technology
- Outside view
We have 20 medical rooms that feature the following:
- Large private rooms
- Private bathrooms
- Private temperature control
- Outside view – most have a garden view
- Daily physician rounds
- Multispecialty physician staff (neurology, cardiology, nephrology, pulmonary, infectious disease, wound care, etc.)
- Physician extenders (physician assistants, nurse practitioners)
- 24/7 nursing
- 24/7 respiratory care
- Registered dietician
- Case management and social services
- In-house dialysis
- In-house radiology services, including CT scans and ultrasound
- In-house laboratory services
- In-house pharmacy
- Complimentary parking
- Special procedure rooms for percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG), tracheostomy, thoracentesis, bronchoscopy, etc.
- Walking trail and covered gazebo
- 4 courtyards and gardens
- Outside pond with Koi fish
- Continuous improvement and quality support
- Open-door administration policy
- Retail cafeteria for family and friends
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
For more information about Carrus Health’s long-term acute care services in Sherman, Texas, for patients with complex medical needs, call us at (903) 870-2600.